The Green Singapore Sale 2013 (TGSS) will be held for the second time in Singapore from 28 June to 28 July 2013, with more than 20 retailers offering discounts and deals on green products and services. This online event is organised by Greenstore, Singapore’s first review and rating guide for green consumers.
The inaugural TGSS was held last year as an online event to allow consumers to easily find and enjoy green products and services at a discount. This year, besides featuring the participating retailers and their discounts and deals on the TGSS website, a bazaar would also be held at Downtown East to bring green products and services closer to consumers.
The purpose of organising TGSS is to overcome two common barriers preventing consumers from choosing green products and services. One barrier is that consumers are not aware of the green products and services or not sure where to find them. The other barrier is that consumers feel that green products and services tend to be more expensive.
TGSS allows consumers to easily find and enjoy green products and services at a discount or deal. Greenstore hopes to connect green consumers and retailers, through informing consumers on the green products and services offered by the various green retailers in Singapore, and helping the green retailers reach out to those consumers interested in purchasing eco-friendly, sustainable and ethical products and services that are better for themselves, the community and the environment.
Mr Eugene Tay, organiser of TGSS and founder of Greenstore, shares: “We hope to increase awareness on green choices and let more consumers know that there are green products and services available in Singapore.”
From 28 June to 28 July, retailers would commit to offer discounts and deals on their green products and services. Greenstore will list them on the TGSS website so that consumers can easily find the retailers and the discounts and deals they are offering.
In addition, 24 retailers will showcase their green products and services at The Green Singapore Sale 2013 Bazaar, happening on 29 and 30 June (11am to 7pm) at Downtown East, Main Street. The retailers will also donate 20% of their gross sales during the bazaar to WWF Singapore.
More than 20 retailers have signed up to participate in TGSS and are offering discounts and deals on non-toxic beauty and cleaning products, organic clothing, recycled accessories, eco-friendly cutlery and bottles, organic food, energy saving devices, and more. See Annex A for the list of participating retailers.
In addition, 16 organisations and groups are supporting TGSS as Partners and helping to spread the message on the event. See Annex B for the list of Partners.
Greenstore hopes that TGSS would be a first step towards Singaporeans making a conscious choice to be a green consumer and support local green businesses. Eugene adds that: “The Green Singapore Sale 2013 is your chance to be a green conscious shopper, support local green businesses, and buy green products that benefit you, your family, the community, and the environment. But always think twice before buying. Buy only what you need.”
Visit the TGSS website at http://www.greensingaporesale.com/.
Greenstore is Singapore’s first review and rating guide for green consumers. We curate, review and rate green, eco, sustainable, organic, and ethical products and services that benefit you, the environment and the community. Visit http://www.greenstore.sg/.
Annex A: List of Participating Retailers
- Envirochem Global Pte Ltd: 10% Off All-Purpose Cleaner and Sanitizer
- eco u Pte Ltd: 10% Off Cutlery and Tableware
- ENJO: Free Gift for Purchase of Body Set
- Allerganics: Up to 20% Discount on Skincare and Cosmetics Products
- Ecorganics: 15% Off Hair Services and 10% Off Organic Hair Products
- We Do See Life: 10% Off on Products Made From Recycled Leather and Inner Tubes
- Pure Tincture: Voucher, Facial or Gift with Minimum Purchase of $100
- Etrican: 50% Off Selected Organic Cotton Clothing
- Green Pal Store: Discounts and Deals on Selected Products
- GreenieGenie: Up to 20% Off on Handmade Accessories
- Greenbox by Greenviron Eco: 15% Off Energy Saving Gadgets
- L’earth (S) Pte Ltd: Discounts and Deals for Love Earth Eco Tumblers
- Human Nature Singapore: 20% Off Selected Products
- The DIY Secrets: 10% Off Soap Nuts
- pura vida: 15% Off Natural Skincare and Lifestyle Products
- Nothing But Green: Discounts and Deals on Skincare Products and Organic Deli
- Nukleus: 10% Off Selected Underwear and T-shirts
- Bliss Shea: Up to 15% Off on Shea Butter and Cream
- Hestia Singapore: 20% Off on Hestia Air
- The Naturally Better Company:Up to 50% Off Storewide and Free Gift with Minimum Purchase
- Flen: 20% Off Skincare Products and Soy Lotion Candle
Annex B: List of Partners
- 350 Singapore
- Earthlink NTU
- Eco Walk the Talk
- Green Drinks Singapore
- Green Issues
- Green Kampong
- Little Green Dot
- LOHAS Asia
- NUSSU SAVE
- SMU verts
- THE HUB by LOHAS
- Vegetarian Society (Singapore)