Embracing A Greener Furniture Industry
At the International Furniture Fair Singapore 2012 held from 9-12 March, the Singapore Furniture Industries Council (SFIC) presented the inaugural Green Pavilion, curated by British material extraordinate, Chris Lefteri. The Green Pavilion featured 10 SFIC members’ products that showcase their sustainable practices.
SFIC also launched an e-book titled The SFIC Green Guide – Embracing A Greener Furniture Industry. We were involved in the preparation of the e-book, which contains an introduction to the various green labels and certifications across the world that are relevant to the furniture industry, and includes green business practices and trends. This e-book serves as a useful guide for furniture companies who are interested to develop more sustainable products and green their business operations.
At the furniture fair, SFIC also signed a MOU with the Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC), to promote the certification and adoption of green furniture. The new certification scheme for green furniture products will be an extension of SGBC’s Singapore Green Building Product certifications scheme.
With the various green initiatives driven by SFIC, the furniture industry in Singapore is moving towards a more sustainable future.
- Suggestions For Sustainable Singapore
- Green Future Solutions Launches Bookchanging – Singapore’s First Website for Green Books
- 2012 Guide to Singapore Government Funding and Incentives for the Environment
- Launch of Ecosystem – Collaborative and Coworking Space for the Environment [Media Release]
- Our SG Conversation for the Green Community
- Thoughts on the NCCS Public Perception Survey on Climate Change in Singapore
- The 7 Habits of Green Conscious Singaporeans
- Die Die Must Share – The Idea of Collaborative Consumption
- 10 More Days to The Green Singapore Sale 2012! [Press Release]
- Green Events Guide