Mentorship Programme – The 7 Habits of Green Conscious Singaporeans
“Our green future is not a dream but a responsibility to nature and our children.” – Eugene Tay
I’m starting a free mentorship programme for young Singaporeans, to share with them about The 7 Habits of Green Conscious Singaporeans and how to adopt the 7 habits and take action for the environment. Will also share what I know about green issues, especially in the Singapore context.
I just wish to share what I have learned over the past 18 years with more young people and hope that they can help spread the message. I’m no expert and don’t have all the answers, but have lots to share. More about what I do at http://www.greenfuture.sg/.
For Singaporean youths aged between 15 to 25, interested in green issues and saving the world/environment/nature/ourselves. Should be passionate, responsible, humble and positive. Looking for 7 people for 1st batch.
The programme lasts for 7 months starting this Sep. 7 people in a group and meet only once a month. Casual chats over coffee. No awkward ice-breaking activities. No tutorials or assignments involved. But must commit to sharing what you have learned with 7 people.
Learn about The 7 Habits of Green Conscious Singaporeans (download a free copy at http://www.greenstore.sg/2012/04/10/the-7-habits-of-green-conscious-singaporeans/). Understand more about Singapore’s green efforts. Practical tips and advice on starting green campaigns or businesses, and using social media to spread the green message. Advice on environmental studies, jobs and opportunities.
Email your application with subject title “Mentorship” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Tell me more about yourself, what you are doing, and your age (within 100 words)
- Write a pitch on why you wish to attend the programme and why I should choose you (within 200 words)
- Complete the free DISC profile assessment at https://diodi.peoplekeys.com/ and attach the report to the email
Closing date: 31 Aug 2012. Only those shortlisted will be notified.
“I’m trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through it.” – Morpheus in The Matrix
- The 7 Habits of Green Conscious Singaporeans
- 7 Habits of Green Conscious S’poreans
- GAIA Sep 2011
- Save Food Cut Waste
- Green Future Solutions Launches Bookchanging – Singapore’s First Website for Green Books
- Green Future Solutions Starts mywaterbottle Campaign to Encourage the Use of Refillable Water Bottles
- Our SG Conversation for the Green Community @ Singapore Polytechnic
- Die Die Must Share – Collaborative Consumption in Singapore
- 10 More Days to The Green Singapore Sale 2012! [Press Release]
- How to Use Freecycle@Work to Promote the Reuse of Unwanted Items in Your Company