If you are looking for a speaker to share about environmental topics at your corporate event or conference, we are available for speaking opportunities on green ideas, environmental issues, and sustainable practices. Our environmental talks are tailored for each audience and format.
Some sample speaking topics include:
- Waste Management And Recycling In Singapore
- The Rise of Collaborative Consumption and the Sharing Economy
- How To Use Social Media To Promote Your Green Business
- How Social Media Can Help In Your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- The Seven Habits Of Green Conscious Singaporeans
- How To Green Your Business With No Cost Or Low Cost Solutions
- 4 Green Strategies For Your Business
- The State Of The Environment In Singapore
- Climate Change and Singapore
- Singapore’s Journey on Sustainability Read more
We are looking for individuals who are interested in the environment to join our team! We have two positions available:
1) Project Executive (Full-time)
- Conduct market research and identify business opportunities
- Generate business leads and meet clients to present solutions
- Develop project proposals and manage client projects
- Plan and implement project solutions
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering or Technology, or a field related to the environment
- Strong interest in environmental issues and ideas
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to details with good time management skills
- Experience in project management
2) Social Media Executive (Part-time: 2-3 days a week)
- Manage existing social media accounts
- Work with clients to understand their objectives and needs
- Develop and execute social strategies using online platforms (eg. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs, etc) and offline events (talks, workshops, etc)
- Manage, engage and grow online communities
- Create new content and source for relevant existing content
- Develop social media editorial calendar
- Monitor and report on social strategies and KPIs using monitoring tools
- Diploma in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
- Strong interest in environmental issues and ideas
- Passion for social media and digital technology, and up-to-date with the latest advances
- Good social media knowledge and presence, especially of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to details with good time management skills
To apply, pls email your resume to email@example.com by 30 Sep 2014, including your expected salary. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
When we visit the East Coast Park beach, the problem of marine trash always comes to mind as the shore is littered with trash, especially before the cleaners start clearing them. Marine trash is an issue that we think has got worse over the past decade, with no holistic solutions or action plans being implemented to solve the problem.
To address some of the concerns on marine trash found at beaches and mangroves in Singapore, let’s take a closer look at the amount of marine trash, the potential sources, key barriers, and our proposed action plan to tackle marine trash. Read more
This workshop is for those working in environmental and social NGOs, groups or non-profits, and aims to provide a basic overview and tips on using free web tools to help your organisation do better in your work. The topics covered include:
- Listen to your stakeholders (how to use Google Alerts and Feedly)
- Creating and maintaining your website or blog (about WordPress, writing and SEO)
- Using email newsletter (how to use Mailchimp)
- Sharing and engagement with your audience (tips for Facebook and editorial calendar)
- Tracking website statistics (using Google Analytics)
Date: 3 Sep 2014, Wed
Venue: 237 South Bridge Road, Singapore 058786
The workshop is free and only open to staff from environmental and social NGOs, groups or non-profits based in Singapore.
This workshop is conducted by Eugene Tay, Director of Green Future Solutions. He is a sustainability and green media consultant who believes in spreading the environmental message and inspiring and empowering others to take action.
The venue is kindly sponsored by 237. Located at the heart of Chinatown, 237 is the innovation powerhouse of Singapore that serves as a coworking space and also doubles as an events venue. More than just a coworking space, 237 is a vibrant and passionate community that focuses on using innovative thinking for social good. For more information, check out their website www.237.io or like them on their Facebook page at 237SG.
What past participants said:
“Thank you for the very helpful workshop. This will certainly help green campaigns reach more people effectively, creating a greater impact.”
“A very good introductory workshop to tips on social media.”
“It was a very informative workshop that shares about the freebies from the web. Good for users who are exploring into more platforms but do not know where to find.”
“I enjoyed thoroughly the passionate share on the various topics you handpicked; and I liked how questions just come in and there are inputs and comments from the floor too.”
“Great sharing of practical tools and tips, with examples of how they can be applied!”
Register here to attend the workshop. We will contact you to confirm whether your registration is successful, thanks!
We have been running the Save Food Cut Waste campaign since Nov 2012. There is now more awareness about food waste in Singapore and we have been getting several enquiries from the public who are concerned about food waste.
To address some of the concerns on food waste, let’s take a closer look at food waste generated, the causes, ways to reduce food waste, key barriers, and our proposed action plan to tackle food waste.
Food Waste in Singapore
Over the last 10 years, the amount of food waste generated in Singapore has increased by 45%. In 2013, the amount of food waste generated reached an all-time high of 796,000 tonnes and only 13% of it was recycled. Read more